Right-Click Thread Info
Caps that are part of a thread (running joke) have a thicker gray border around the screengrab, and if you right-click that grab, you'll find a link to the thread the cap is a part of in the right-click menu. It used to be that the link just said "View Thread" and you had to click on it to find out what thread it was. If it was part of more than one thread, you got multiple links like "View Thread 1," "View Thread 2" etc.
I've recoded this feature so that now it lists the actual name of the thread, which I think is more fun. Why didn't it do that before? Because it was a pain in the ass to code. So you can thank covid for me being bored enough to finally take the time to work that out.

Click Bubble Fixes for the Handle Brevity Challenged
When you hover over the number of people who have clicked a cap, a bubble pops up that shows you who did the clicking. The bubble's fixed in size, so when a capper has a really long handle (*cough* nash *cough*) the site has to resize the handle text so it will fit inside the bubble. This has always worked fine, but the site also updates the click counts and who-clicked lists in the gallery every 20 seconds, and this auto-refresh is written in a completely different programming language I wasn't as familiar with, so I couldn't figure out how to get it to do the resizing on the fly there too. So you ended up with handles getting cut off in the bubbles after the refresh. And by "handles" I mean nash's handle.
(We love you nash!)
Anyway, thank covid again, because I had the time to figure that shit out. So you no longer have to puzzle over who in the hell that dashing young mystery man nashtbru is.

Nude Grab Self-Flagging
I already posted about this in the gallery when I added this feature because I was too lazy to do a blog post about it then, but figured I'd mention it here for anyone who may not have been capping that week because they were off releasing the coronavirus in China.
The HCC Worksafe Mode, which replaces NC-17 grabs with color bars, is dependent on grabs being manually flagged as having boobs and shit in them, because even the best AI keeps mistaking Jared Kushner for a flaccid penis. HCC chimps slave around the clock scanning the catalog for boobs and actresses eating the ass out of a stuffed bear, but they're only hu- primate and they can't catch every nip slip and Dave Foley penis bobbing around in our frothy ocean of screengrabs. And so people would complain that Work Safe Mode didn't work at all, because every 100th grab of blood-covered tits didn't get flagged and of course that would be the grab everyone would cap Tux Bastard names for all day while your boss was hanging around your desk.
Since the chimps are better at finding bananas and puns and I find scanning thousands of grabs looking for tiny boobs a lot more soul-deadening than I would have expected when I was 14, I figured out a system where cappers can flag errant non-work-safe grabs themselves. All you have to do is right-click the grab and choose "Flag Nudity". Boom! The grab will instantly change to color bars and that grab will be censored in Work Safe Mode for everyone from that point forward.

Keep in mind that you need to have Work Safe Mode turned on ("Settings" at the bottom of the gallery, then "Work Safe>On") to have this option appear in your right-click menu (otherwise how would you know if a grab had already been flagged or not?). And also keep in mind that there's only one master list of censored grabs for everyone, it's not individual to each capper, so try to only flag things that truly aren't work safe. And now I can hear cappers stampeding to my door to request a WEIRD_1 Memorial capping feed of just the non-work-safe grabs. Shit, I shouldn't have mentioned that.
Forget I said anything.
-Jazz
----------------start quote block--------------
ReplyDelete...I shouldn't have mentioned that.
Forget I said anything.
-Jazz
------------------end quote block-----------------
Hi Jazz!
What did you want us to forget?
I recall something about WEIRD_1, who is always memorable as a globally universe-level sort of programming thing... but otherwise, my mind is as clear as a whistle abandoned in a rocky desert.
We appreciate the updates, whatever they were.
Good health and happiness be with you for sure.
Are we not cappers?
UpSky2