Jazzsoda's note: As luck would have it, we'll be celebrating HCC's Eighth Anniversary on Saturday, March 14th (the day after the Capper Reunion), so everyone be sure to bring an extra change of underwear.
HIYA Gang,
WEIRD_1 Here,
This time in my duty as Capper Pope I was chatting on Twitter about hosting an “Old School Capper Reunion” because some of us Cappers have been doing this Capping thing for 20 years or so.
I’ll admit that when I first set up my “weirdone” handle at the Sci-Fi web site (http://www.scifi.com/screengrab/startcaption.cgi) that I had no idea that I would still be spending hours upon hours making Captions some 2 decades later.
Then I thought – (I know, who told me to keep thinking like this, anyway?) Why not try to set up some sort of Capper Re-union .. Only I don’t want any of the Cappers that have joined us in the years since to feel left out.
Here’s how you can help out. Do you know a Capper that hasn’t been seen in years? Contact them!
Go thru your Address Book, your E-Mail Contacts, your twitter and facebook contacts and let them know all about our full contact, “Old School” Capper Re-Union.
I am told by those Cappers that know about such things that if you use the hashtag #CapperReunion that somehow that will help in some way that is beyond my lack luster understanding of all things Social Media.
There’s the date I have requested for this Epic Event, Friday, March 13, 2015. Friday the 13th seems fitting in some sort of squishy way.
So, Go! Find D_Idaho, MadamRazz, and all the other Cappers that have given into letting life happen, and round them up!
I would like to request from Jazzsoda that we have a full hour of Blind Capping that night.. Because some of us my remember Capping frozen screengrabs or other such technical offerings.
Other than that, I have no requests as to programming. If you have one… Jump on in!
What do you think, Sirs?
WEIRD_1
Dan Green
#CapperReunion

I want to see grabs of that NCIS episode with the LabCoatWoman and the heroin addicts in it... but fat chance.
ReplyDeleteTommy Wiseau's The Room?
Any NCIS episode with lots of Pauly Perrette in it? she's a LabCoatTech after all.
Watchers 2 ? a really bad dumb movie produced by SCIFI Channel in the 90s.
I don't know. What Jazz sees fit is fine by me.
Some Lost in Space or Babylon 5 would really make it feel old-school.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Fred: Bab5 would do!
ReplyDeleteBabylon 5 and Lost in Space are easy to do, if you guys have any specific episodes in mind let me know. Watchers 2 is a little hard to find but I will try to get that. The Room is already in the catalog and we've already capped it. Up, NCIS should be easy to find but you'll have to be more specific on what episode that is.
ReplyDeleteHow about NCIS: Angel of Death
ReplyDeletethe last ep of Season Four
the 94th ep in all.
I know this is very little notice. Sorry.
And if you can't find something to 'grab of Watchers 2, I wouldn't be surprised.
Thanks.
PS: My summary of NCIS: Angel Of Death:
ReplyDeleteFranco-American LabCoatWoman proves tough and competent in dealing with a crisis situation involving ratty brother-sister team of nasty drug eaters.
Michael Weatherly also stars as 'DiNardo', (a very pseudo-Italian name.)
Joy and a car ride ensue.
Thanks Up. Watchers 2 and that NCIS episode are both in the Grabatron now.
DeleteYou found Watchers 2, really?
ReplyDeleteI congratulate you. You must be a real Finder type.
Synopsis:
An extended ripoff of 'Predator', with a golden retriever in it who, amazingly, barks once or twice in the movie. Look for a Lindie England* clone (only male-ish.) The ripoffs come faster and faster toward the end, and that's about it.
Stinger: "This ... doesn't ... make ... any ... sense!"
-------------------------------------
(*you know, Abu Ghraib?)