

Nice car, man! Seriously though, Arch is fine, he just needs to devote his money to the care and feeding of his large family more than he needs to spend it on keeping track of our dick jokes. I, on the other hand, have no such priorities. So here we are. That's right you sonsa bitches, I'm in charge of everything now! Whoops. Sorry, McGavin's ass said that. Ahem. The wiki should function exactly the same as it always has, only now it's located at hipsoda.com/wiki. It will also be linked to profusely from HCC. The www.capperwiki.com address will stick around and redirect to the new location for at least a few more months, but I would recommend updating your bookmarks just in case.

Do take this opportunity to thank Arch for all his hard work on the wiki over the years, and for giving our community a great place to document (and try in vain to explain) our culture. And for the love of God, take a little time to contribute to the wiki yourself. As always, it's only going to be as good as we all make it. I'll do my best to keep it running smoothly, and will devote time to developing it further in direct proportion to the community involvement I see going into it. I'm always open to feedback and new ideas, so take a minute to leave a comment here and talk about what you like about the wiki, what you think could be better, what you wish the wiki had in it, and why you punched that little boy who was just trying to measure your genitalia for a class project.
Thanks Arch!
-Jazz
ps- And as Arch says, thanks also to Gerson for being the Wiki Jesus all these years. And the Meat Shall Inherit the Earth.
pss- Also, I don't mind at all if people want to use the "Anonymous" option for comments, but I will point out that the "Name/URL" option is very easy and doesn't require any kind of account or anything. You don't even need to put in a URL, just type your handle and go. The winged monkeys will still find you.
Arch! Thank for running that monster for all these years. And you did it so gracefully and modestly, I didn't even know it was you. (Maybe I thought it was Gerson?) Anyway, good luck with the crack problem. Just keep it to once a week and I think we'll all be fine with that. And thanks to Jazz to squandering even more of his time and resources.
ReplyDelete-Sans
Crap, now I'm going to show some effort and change the links on my state-of-the-art, forgotten, lonely, rarely visited web site.
ReplyDeleteSay, Arch! Blue Eyes!, thanks for all your efforts. The rest of you, go make the Wiki something we can be proud of, by adding something to your profile. Won't You?
15 Years of Wasted Time Spent Capping
and, loving every twisted second of it!
Now, take off those pants and get Capping!
WEIRD_1
Pope WEIRD the 1st
Dan Green
Arch here--
ReplyDeleteMy friends - as happy as I am for your thanks, there is one person that REALLY spent a lot of time on the wiki and deserves your gratitude far more than I. Through it's inception, care and feeding over the years, Gerson was the man. I could always count on him to do the heavy lifting. So my eternal thanks to Gerson and everything he had to do with the wiki. I may have hatched the idea and bankrolled it but he was the one who really made the thing work.
I also must publicly thank Jazz for his agreeing to take on the hosting duties of the wiki for the future. I know it is in good hands. It seems like hipsoda.com is really starting to become one-stop shopping for all your capping needs. Thanks, Jazz. Your site is truly a place where we can all be our crazy selves and share in that craziness with like-minded folks.
Which leads me to thanking you all, the cappers. You know why. Keep circulating the tapes. I love you.
See you in the gallery!
Arch
Well then.. THANKS GersonK.. You seem to be involved in all the cool things when it comes to Capping. Thanks for Inventing Solutions too!
ReplyDeleteDid I forget anyone?
Peace out!
WEIRD_1
Kids, thank your Uncle Arch and Uncle Gerson.
ReplyDelete*sigh* Thaaaaanks, Uncle Arrrrrch and Uncle Gerrrrsonnnnn.
No, seriously, thank yas. Bot' a-yas. For doing all that work for all this time. And thanks Jazz for continuing the work.
I for one congratulate Jazz on his further unholy accumulation of power.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're all welcome, but all glory to the HypnoArch.
Ohh Wiki you so fine, you so fine you blow my mind
ReplyDeleteHey Wiki *clap-clap clap* Hey Wiki
Sincerely, thanks to all the Cappers with honorary gnome goggles who have been in the machine greasing the sprockets and polishing the widgets to keep this gig of ours growing ever bigger, better, and communitier. Arch, Gerson, Jazz there's a special place set aside for you all in screengrab heaven. Or maybe it's a kind of hell, not sure. I suppose it's a glass is half whatever type thing, really.
I thought that Glitter rock also helped start the capper Wiki.
ReplyDeleteGlitter wasn't purposely left off the 'thank you' list. While it is true that he was quite helpful adding content in the early days, the same could be said of a number of cappers not mentioned here. I believe the gist of saying 'thank you' was for the people who kept the thing going over the years with their time and treasure.
DeleteAll that aside, I wish to thank everyone who has contributed to the wiki over the years since it's genesis. Special mention goes to Glitter because I happen to think he's a nifty fellow and a swell, groovy super-villain.