I was born in a Mountain Cave in Washington state on Sept. 19, 1957, Yep, I'm close to being an old fart, but not quite.My Biggest Joy in life is my wife Amorosa, whom with her, we make a whole person.
I've done and been many various things in life, most of them unpaid, or for beer and food. The main things were a millworker, gravedigger, musician, barber, electronics installer, landscaper, home appliance repair, and security guard. While I was a gravedigger, I would be asked frequently if it bothered me working around, and burying dead people, to which I would reply : "Hell No, its the live ones that'll getcha!!!"

For hobbies I cook, grow garden, practice Crane Kung Fu and Tai-Chi, Play drums with various bands, play all kinds of music, even country music if I am forced to. I make all different kinds of swords, right now I am making Billiard ball handle swordcanes. I had made billiard ball canes, just walking sticks, but they didn't go over too well, so, I'm giving the swordcane thing a try. I like to make things out of junk, its amazing what people will throw away that you could make stuff from, why just the other day, I finished a flying saucer complete with Anti-Gravity capability out of a bunch of discarded chain link fencing and a VCR and microwave oven. McGuyver move over. I am also an amateur astronomer, and do look at the stars and planets with the telescope, and only stars and planets, I'll leave it at that. We go to a Full sized 'Stonehenge' on the banks of the Columbia river in Washington state occaisionally, interesting place.

Conspiricy theories are just that, its fun to hear all of the different ones, and then caption them, making up even wilder theories while trying to keep a straight face, or make it sound like you are convinced of them. But, that is one of the things that capping is about, making a case, and then making it believable to those you relate the story to. Capping if done well, is a five second story that speaks volumes.

Star Trek has been something that has helped me cope with everyday life situations in so many cases, that I consider it more than a hobby, and no Less than a growing up primer that helps us return to our youths time and again and stay young in the mind, which keeps us sharp. Star Trek provides us with excellent capping material. What would we have done without Star Trek, it would indeed be a different world, and to be able to caption it, keeps the show and spirit of it alive and well.
Having lived in the country a good amount of my life, I have learned to speak cat, chicken, raven, frog, deer, (yes deer do have things to say, in a shrill whistling voice), chipmunk, squirrel, of which both of those two will give you all kinds of Billy Old Hell if you start taking their winter stash of pinecones, or pick their favorite coral mushrooms out in the woods. Sitting out on a dark hill at night, talking to coyotes is always fun, but have something that goes bang with you if they get too close, they might eat ya. Plus, I pick up on other creatures languages pretty fast, its really more of a "Listen to their sound, let your sub-concious interpret" thing, but it works.
If I were to be asked how I would run the world if I could, I would just say " I wouldn't" I beleive in trying to live and learn the best I can and help others along the way if it is in my power to do so. Sometimes, people are put in your path to help you grow and learn. Have you ever had that one teacher come along just when you needed the right encouragement to accomplish something? I believe that Jazzsoda's HCC really does help a great amount of people, to let off steam, have fun, and learn something all at the same time. Its fun to be silly, even for Middle agers who are approaching Old Fartism, or as my wife would say, being that She and I are Scottish .. "Curmudgeons". Amorosa also says that with HCC, I have found my tribe.

That is all I am about, nothing too fancy, or mysterious, just a human being going through life as best as possible, and having as good a time as can be had.
To borrow a saying from Star Trek to all who read this "May Your Way Be as Pleasant and Rewarding".
KIP
Good to know I'm not the only capper that's had a wide variety of aimless occupations. How much would a Billiard ball handle swordcane run me?
ReplyDeleteWell put. Good pictures. And you've made 'normal' look weird. Which is as it should be, I suppose.
ReplyDeleteGood to get to know you (though I did, some, already. I couldn't have avoided it altogether if I had tried, but I did already try to get to know you KIPPAGE.) Good wishes, or best wishes, to you and Amorosa.
I'll be offering my own get-to-know sometime/shortly. It will make me look bad... but I'll enjoy presenting it anyway. Along with the two best photos I ever caught on my way through life.
I wouldn't have any use for a sword cane myself. But if I'm ever lame (which could happen) I might need a simple wooden cane of not-necessarily-regular shape, but high quality, sturdiness, and grasp-ability. And if so, I will look to you first for one.
Your orange cat looks fluffy, well-groomed, happy, and amiable; it doesn't get more complimentary than that. A man's pets reflect his nature, are a dossier to his heart and habits, and cannot keep his secrets. One of my own greater achievements of late was to find myself with two of a relative's three cats sitting by me, both purring at once... and they were not inherently happy creatures by any means; it seems to have been some compliment to me as myself.
So this is where the Gorton's fisherman ended up!
ReplyDeleteSeriously though--Kip's just full of surprises and wisdom. The former being he didn't over-punctuate his bio!
Kip though is definitely someone I call a friend, even if it's just on the internet. That, and he got me hooked on red wine vinegar water.
Here's a 40 oz. to you good sir!
Very nice write-up. Lovely orange cat.
ReplyDeleteNice job, Kip. For the record, I left out the photo after the cat one, in which Kip teaches the cat to play pool using a sword, because I'm tired of PETA protestors firebombing my car every Tuesday afternoon.
ReplyDeleteKIP! It's really good to know that my impression of my online friend was pretty close to the mark, a nice,interesting,good,decent,funny human being. I'll upload my own bio as soon as the statute of limitations runs it's course.
ReplyDeleteThe cat. That's not Amorosa is it?
ReplyDeleteI KID!
It sure looks like you two (three?) have the life out there. If that's what it is going to be like to grow old then I can't wait!
Anyway, thanks for sharing, mate. You've always been an integral part of the capping experience. Oh, and if ever we meet remind me never to play you at billiards.
LEAVE THE CAT OUT OF IT!
ReplyDeleteThe Tomcat is not surprised by your expansive knowelege of work - makes you a better capper :-)
ReplyDeleteYa for Star Trek!
ReplyDeleteCool stuff, Kipster.
ReplyDelete