Link Chains
Sometimes someone links to a cap that links to another cap. There was never a fantastic way to see this all at once, until now. Now, when a cap links to a linked cap or chat comment, it will have a "Chain-->" button instead of a Link button:

When you click on this, it will open up a window with the entire string of linked caps and chat comments:

But what if someone later on linked to the cap you clicked on? Click "Add Any Caps That Link to These" at the bottom of the screen and this will pull in any caps or chat comments that link to any of the ones displayed on your screen:

This is fun since it's like an instant thread. The caps are displayed oldest first, but you can click "Reverse Order" if there was some Ted's Assing or something going on that doesn't look right.
Most Popular Grabs
We've always had pages for the most-capped grabs of the past month and of all-time. Now you can view what was popular in past years or even this past week. Browse to the Popular Grabs page by right-clicking the title graphic on any HCC page and selecting "Popular Grabs":

Or by clicking the "Popular Grabs This Month" link in the Catalog. At the bottom of the Popular Grabs page you can now select whatever time period you want to look at:

Tada and shit. Chart the rise and fall of Tux Bastard to your heart's content. And as always, click on any of the grabs that load to cap them and make them even more popular.
Update (7/1/18):
Update Notifications
One more new feature: I've enhanced the Updates section at the top of your Ultimate Archive page.

1. If someone added multiple caps of yours to a custom gallery, previously you only got a notification of the most recently-added cap. You couldn't tell if they'd added one cap of yours this week, or 20. Now I've made the notifications more detailed where they tell you about (and link to) each cap of yours that was added in the past week.
2. The updates section now also notifies you if someone added one of your caps to a Thread page.
3. And it will notify you any time a new cap is added to the "references" page of caps about you.
Update (7/2/18):
Cream O' the Unclicked Crack
Whenever I'm looking at the Cream O' the Crack I always find myself scanning through the caps I've already seen and clicked, looking for popular caps that may have happened when I wasn't around. When this happens I'm usually in black and white and I eventually throw up my hands and cry out "There's got to be a better way!" as a ladder covered in hand mixers collapses on my dog.
Now there is! I've added a new "Clicked" selection at the top of the Cream page:

This does what it sounds like. "All" is the default, showing you everything. "Clicked by Me" shows you only the caps you have clicked on. And "Unclicked" is the handy dandy new view that only shows you the caps you have not clicked on yet. This is a magic soup of the most popular stuff you never saw and/or a bunch of stuff you already saw and didn't think was funny at all.
Enjoy!
-Jazz
Bravo! Bravo! and anytime there's an Encore, I will be listening.
ReplyDeleteYou chose a good chain for your example. Thank you!
Please enjoy your day, and thank you for your upkeep of the HCC site. It is indeed a great and continuing work.
You may need to teach a night class on all the nifty features offered at HCC ... Honest, awesome job, way to keep Capping fun and interactive! Tha Capper Pope loves what you've done with the joint ... Where did you put the Goat Skull?
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for what I've done and will continue to do to people's updates. I'm only up to Sept of 2013--this is gonna take a while. Neat about getting notifications on being added to threads now, too, as I've been finding some that got missed here and there, as my safari into the capping Amazon jungle continues.
ReplyDeleteThat's a hell of a lot of work but a lot of new efficiency, Jazz, and thank you most kindly for it!