As some of you know, on March 20 -21, 2017, I had a heart attack.
Now I had just got done being all braggy about my health reports
on how my sugar A1C number was at 6.2, the lowest it has been in
years. Mostly due to the great work done by my doctor to get that
number under 12.8. Also, all my other blood work came back well
within the required limits of what is considered healthy.
This event starts with me feeling out of breath.
Mostly I felt like I was running away from a hungry Lion,
Up hill,
For blocks!
I JUST COULD NOT CATCH MY BREATH!
(Now, to be fair, I have had Asthma as a child, and bouts with
bronchitis, so I naturally believed this attack to be something
along those lines)
Then my chest started to hurt,
like maybe I swallowed a brick.
So, my Daughter called 911 and presto,
two EMT's and a firetruck (filled with several men
able to catch the eye or my 20 year old Grand Daughter)
As the EMT's were asking me about my pain,
I explained that it felt like a small dog was sitting
on my chest, and he felt the need to know the type
of dog. Was it more of a Chihuahua or a Terrier?
Now, I know, deep inside he was only asking to
make sure I was able to talk to him without sounding
too crazy. ( I know, too late)
Anyhow, the nice people at the emergency room
plugged me into all sorts of equipment and ran an IV
line connected to what looked like a plastic bottle of
Mountain Dew, but turned out to be Nitro.
The doctor put 2 nice new stents into my veins
and sent me home and told me to get some rehab.
Now, after one month of rehab, I feel like Norm
on Cheers, because when I walk into the clinic,
everyone says "Hi Dan".
Hey, at least I'm still looking down at the grass
and not up at it!
(P.S.) My Daughter is still mad because I said
small dog and not a cat)
Keep On Capping
WEIRD_1
Dan Green
DON'T SCARE US LIKE THAT, WEIRD_1 !
ReplyDeleteWhen I saw a Blog entry titled 'WEIRD_1 The Other Shoe Drops', ack, I thought it meant someone was capping with *us* no longer!!
And that brief sensation deserves at least two exclamation points. Two-and-a-half, actually, but I can't find a halfexclamationpoint, not unless I get the Shatner Keyboard code page maybe.
Glad to hear the rundown about it, after that ... it was quite good news. And it was good to read your witty, but realistic and believable, account of things.
(At a stupid guess from what you described, I might guess you had a right-ventricular problem, not left. But, as it says in Galaxy Quest, AS IF I WOULD KNOW!)
Stay well enough to with us, Sir Pope of Cappers, WEIRD the First (WEIRD I).
Dear Weird, in regard to your granddaughter's comment about the cat, tell her she at least got a load of some cute firemen!
ReplyDeleteOh, and KEEP GETTING WELL!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment hasn't been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGlad you still walk amongst your subjects, o' glorious and Weird pope of the cappers!!! Besides, you know how hard it would be to get all the capper cardinals together in one room, and wearing pants, and have to pick a new pope and then figure out how to send up the white smoke signals when we're done? It would be a whole thing, man...I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Stay well and stay Weird, my friend!
ReplyDeleteAAAron333
I'm so glad you're better, Weird. You are not EVER allowed to scare us like that again.
ReplyDeleteI like you too!
ReplyDeleteThanks, been a while since we've had any Capping time together ... Stay Cappy my Friend!
Glad you treated it quick, man, and that you're still with us. A coworker of mine had a series of small ones over a few days time and passed it off, not thinking it needed checked, and then it was too late.
ReplyDeleteMany hopes for your recovery.
-THE_Maverick